1 | FLAT BENCH DUMBBELL PRESS
4 sets of 6 to 10 reps
Trains the chest muscles, as well as triceps, deltoids and back muscles.
- Lie flat on a bench, holding a dumbbell in each hand resting near the top of your thighs, palms facing towards each other.
- Bend one leg up to help you lift the dumbbell up to chest level, rotating your wrist at the same time until your palm is facing down your body. Make sure the dumbbell is at the side of your chest, with elbow bent and forearm and upper arm perpendicular. Repeat with the other dumbbell.
- Breathe out and push both dumbbells upwards, contracting your chest muscles and glutes at the same time.
- Extend your arms as far as possible, keeping the dumbbells steady and rising in a vertical line. Pause for a moment at the top.
- Inhale, brace your abdomen and chest muscles, then lower the dumbbells slowly back to chest level.
- Repeat for the required number of reps and sets.